Thursday 28 April 2016

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Canon EOS 700D Camera
As I am resubmitting my AS coursework I have a developed knowledge of the technologies needed for this project.
For my research and planning stage I used a limited number of technologies. The main technology I used was the internet which proved invaluable to me, as it enabled me to research the thriller genre and analysis other opening scenes from YouTube. However, for some planning such as storyboards and initial ideas I used the standard pen and paper.
I used the Canon EOS 700D to film my thriller, this is my own personal camera and I have history of using this sort of cameras to film making the filming experience go swimmingly. From this project I learnt how to set the white balance. The white balance is vital to make sure the camera is using the correct colour scheme. From my previous experience I have knowledge of using the many of the operations on the camera such as; zoom, focus, brightness etc. In addition to using my camera, I also used a tripod to steady the camera when in stationary positions and when needin
g to move when filming or terrain that was ill equipped for the tripod I used a shoulder mount.
Premiere Pro
My previous experiences of using Premiere Pro were simply cutting clips and placing them in sequence and adding some titles, in the journey of making this opening scene I developed my skill of technologies dramatically. For the first time I used a split-screen which in my opinion raises the level of my thriller. I also learnt how to use fades, in my opinion fades make my thriller look more professional.
I used other digital media in my evaluation stage of my coursework. Some of the technologies I used were Prezi and Slideshare, this enabled me to present my evaluations in a engrossing way for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment